Hotel Teatro's Favorite GABF Events
Best GABF Events in Denver // Britt Hemela // Media & Marketing Manager
It’s been months since we purchased our
Wednesday October 4th
- One of our favorites, Osteria Marco is teaming up with Avery Brewing Company for their 4th annual Hooves & Hops Dinner on Wednesday, October 4. Grab a seat and indulge in five porky courses paired with five awesome Avery beers. While guests are sipping and eating they will learn about some of Avery's best beers and how to utilize a whole pig in a menu. Click here to purchase tickets!
- Crooked Stave’s distribution arm is pulling from its top-of-the-line craft beers portfolio for a tasting at Hops and Pie, one of Denver’s top beer bars. Twenty three breweries are on the list, including Almanac, Ale Apothecary, Blackberry Farms, Jackie O’s, Lawson’s Finest Liquids, Pure Project, Societe and Two Roads. And Hops and Pie says to expect “additional treasures.” The event starts at 11:30 a.m. and the beers will pour until they are gone. Event starts at 11:30 a.m. // Hops and Pie, 3920 Tennyson St., Denver
Thursday October 5th
- Green Russell is hosting an intimate six course dinner with very special guests – Lauren Salazar, New Belgium’s Master Blender and Todd Leopold, Leopold Bros. Distiller. The event will feature spirit and beer cocktails paired with an unique menu from the Russell’s Smokehouse kitchen.Dinner is $130 and includes tax & gratuity. Click here to purchase tickets!
- Denver’s Call to Arms Brewing showcasing all its wine- and port-barrel aged beers from the last year on one day. For some, it’s the final five gallons in existence. The beer styles include farmhouse, saison, Belgian quad, IPA and stout. Additional guest taps and bottles are available. Live music starts at 5:30 p.m.
Friday October 6th
- Denver Rare Beer Noon to 4 p.m. // McNichols Civic Center Building, 144 W. Colfax Ave., Denver More than 60 craft brewers pack into two floors of the McNichols Civic Center in
downtown Denverto showcase some rare beers, from big stouts to well-aged sours. The event is sold out (tickets cost $115 with VIP going for $165). The 68 breweries at this year’s event include The Alchemist, Brooklyn Brewery, Cascade Brewing, Fremont Brewing, Hardywood, Libertine Brewing, Lost Abbey, 3 Floyds Brewing and Yazoo Brewing. More details.
Saturday October 7th
- GABF Awards Viewing Party 9 a.m. Lone Tree Brewing Company Lone Tree Brewing will put the GABF awards ceremony on a big screen along with breakfast items from The Savory Life food truck. The event is free but reservations are encouraged. More details.
- Even the Losers Pity Party Noon, Call to Arms Brewing,Call to Arms Brewing is welcoming brewers party for those who leave the Saturday awards ceremony without any hardware. It’s even offering 4th place consolation medals, in addition to drink specials. Winners are welcome, too.
Sunday October 8th
- Post-GABF Hangover Brunch 11 a.m. // Lone Tree Brewing Company Enjoy Bloody beers and beermosas are what’s needed at the conclusion of GABF week. Lone Tree Brewing is hosting a hangover brunch with Mama Said Eat cooking the food. Tickets are $15 and include your first beer. More details.
- Oyster Bash 3-9 p.m. // Oceanaire Seafood Room Hang out with Oskar Blues at Oceanaire to pair beer with oysters — just want you want to slurp down after a week of beer drinking.